Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Help, New to Exchange 2k. I am run

Status
Not open for further replies.

TechJones

IS-IT--Management
Feb 6, 2002
GB
Help,
New to Exchange 2k. I am running win2k server and tried to install Exchange 2k on it in an effort to replicate and move all Exchange 5.5 mailboxes from an NT4 box.
To cut a long story short it had problems replicating and I am trying to remove Exch2k.
all goes well untill it tries to remove the the message callabration srvs and it fails with a replication error.
connot seem to get the remnents of Exch out of the system.
anyone else come across this ?
any suggestions ?
Thanks in advance Gary.

I will re-install Exch2K after to try again.
Have several win2k servers one domain and one NT4box as a member server with Exch5.5 on.
I am looking to get rid of the NT box and migrate about 40 mailboxes to Exchange 2k.
Any comments on the best way to do this welcome.
THKs
Gary

When you install the Exchange 2000 Server, make sure to join the organization that the 5.5 server is in. Set up the Active Directory Connector and then move the mailboxes with the AD Users and Computers snapin.

ChrisP ChrisP
MCSE (2K/NT4), CNE (NW5), CCNA, Linux+, Server+, i-Net+, Network+, A+, CIWA

Sounds good Thks Chris,
Do you know much about the AD connector setup, I am struggling to get my head round what info it needs.
I understood that the windows server tab would be the Win2k server that I am installing Exch2K on and the Exchange server would be the NT4 Exch5.5 box.
or do I need more than one connection agreement setup.
Thanks again for your response.
Gary

Nope just the one from 5.5 to AD. Always use a 2-way. Dan
Microsoft Exchange Support @ Microsoft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back