Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

help nero not working!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

nicksimko

MIS
Jan 11, 2007
US
ok i have a toshiba laptop and got nero and would not burn dvd-r it said it was not in. then said to put one in and list every type of cd and dvds. i went to bestbuy for geek squad help and they said toshiba only use toshiba software wich is Sonic Recorde Now. but i want nero can some one tell me the steps to get it work with my laptop.
It is a Toshiba Satellight A 105 S4094 System Unit.

please help!!

thanks nick

goto Cdburnerxp and download Cdburnerxp it is free and i like it better than Nero. i just dumped my Nero & Roxio for it.

as it is already pointed out by SMAH, if it is an OEM version of NERO, these tend to be locked to a certain DRIVE MANUFACTURER...

if it is not an OEM, then there tend to be a few things that I can only imagine would help...

1.) UPDATE the FIRMWARE of the said DVD burner...
2.) download NERO again and reinstall, possible that it is corrupted...
3.) use DVD+R mediums instead...

or follow EYEC's suggestion...

Ben

"If it works don't fix it! If it doesn't use a sledgehammer..."

i don't know what it is is was a download nero 8 and i will try the free one. i need dual layer burning i don't think sonic record now does.

thanks i will try what badbigben said but if it don't work then the free downloaded one.

nick

"Only the dead have seen the end of war."plato.

for dual layer disc do you need a dual layer burner or would a mutli burner work mine says mutli recorder and disc rewritable and dvd rewritable. and does that free one burn dual layer??

nick

NO... you will need a DUAL LAYER burner...

Ben

yeah thanks a friend told me how much do they run.

ok i don't know where to post this but i want tv but don't kow what u need and services and stuff. do you have to have internet for it? please help

nick and thanks

Not necessary to have internet for watching TV...

but what you need is a DECODER CARD, for terrestrial, satellite or cable...

what TV set up do you have at present?

Here are a few TV cards to look at...

PS: Dual-Layer DVD Burners are pretty cheap these days... ca. 40 dollars +/- 10 ...

Ben

right now basic cable like discovery ch. hist. and some of those. when i move out on my own i will get satellite. so it knows what show it is from the cable hook up not the internet telling it it is like windows media player you need internet to know the songs or its unknown. and how much do they run for normal biglots i work at had 6 but 2 are left for 70 if not gone yet.

thanks nick

Sorry... but your last message seems like it was churned through a TRANSLATOR... thus it is not clear as to what you mean?

I got a TV card and it does not need the internet...

Ben

i got tv but it says u need service for 12.99 monthly and need internet hook up do u need these to record shows.

sorry was tired when i was on long work day.

nick

It depends...

1.) where in the world one lives and what TV services are available... as too needing Internet or not... some cable companies might require you to pay for their services others do not...

2.) Normal TV (Terrestrial, Sat and Cable) do not need Internet to record/view TV...

can't tell you more than that, since I am in Germany and here we have both kinds of services, free and pay...

hope this was a bit useful to you...

Ben

ok thanks and i got nero to work in multisection only and it doesn't always read just recoreded disc needs to turn of thanks for the help.

i want to build a pc but not sure of what i need or want. any help plz.

nick

suggest you start another thread now that this is resolved

ok where would i start a new one right for pc building? thanks nick

ok thanks

nick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back