Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

HELP Needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Edwardjm

MIS
Sep 1, 2000
US
I have a problem that someone on this forum might be able to help me with.

I am working with a customer who is using a Velocis Database for a Practice Management software in the health care field. The server with the velocis database crashed because of two drives in the raid 5 system failed and they did not have a backup. The files were restored by one of the companies that does restorations but the files all have problems.

I ran the dbcheck utility on the database and it comes back with errors in the databases files.The most common error is that the file is deleted but not on the deleted chain.

The installation of the velocis database server is 2.0.340

I want to know if any of the wonderful dbfix or dchain utilities that I hear you all talking about would work with the version of velocis I am using and if anyone of you would be so kind to send me a copy of these tools as they do not exist in my Velocis\Bin directory.

I have the dbcheck and keybuild utilities but thats it.

Sincerely,

Edward Martinbor

The velocis/Raima/VLDB database that comes with ARCserve is a purpose built runtime version specifically for ARCserve. I don't see this being relevant to other versions. Have you tried running keybuild? dbcheck will only report errors and do nothing about it.

Thanks for the info, but I am just grasping at straws. I was assuming that I have a slim down version of a velocis database which came without the dbfix and dchain utilities.

I have run the keybuild utility numerous times and her is what I have been doing.

The database has about 589 files where about 150 are data files and the rest are index files for searching.

When I run the dbcheck I cam up with 125000 errors in 7500 nodes ( might not be exact but around there some how)

I run keybuild and then rerun dbcheck with -a option and still same errors.

So I check the first file with the error, I export the data into a text files, created new data and index files and then re-import the data using the rsql command. I have managed to get the errors to around 7500 after working on this for about 15 hours. However the most important file which is a file with all the charges (billing info) I cannot export anything from it as it seems like there is corruption in the header.

I rerun the keybuild after every 4 data files I fix hoping it would help. I ran keybuild from the dos prompt and the charge file which should have over 150,000 records shows only 27000 records. So reading through these forums every thing I see you all having problems with we have the same thing happening.

2005 errors when a file is bad or the velocis service stops
-39 error when running dbcheck - in my case because a file is missing or unaccessible.

so I am trying to see if anyone might have know if these dbfix and dbcain comes standard with the velocis database because it does not look like arcserve built these utilities but maybe only their version of velocis has these tools.

I have also contacted raima to see if they can help.

Birdstep technology owns what used to be Velocis and Raima. I would suggest asking them if any of their paid support options would be able to help you out. If this is billing data in the health care field be very carefull you don't run afoul of any HIPAA regulations by sending them the database to pull the information out of.

I am assuming you have already contacted the maker of the product and they were less then helpfull.

Jeff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back