Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Help needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

prakap

Technical User
Oct 13, 2003
IN
Hi all,

I have some query actully the Connectivity diagram is as follows:

M1-----R1-----------R2----M2

M1 is Meridian 11C mini 1st system,M2 is Meridian 11C mini 2nd system.R1,R2 are routers having G.703 card.The connectivity between R1 and R2 are given using E1 stream.IP Phone connected to M1 are in the Network 140.1.12.0/24 and IP phone connected to M2 are in the Network 140.4.12.0/24.
Requirement is to connect IP Phones Connected to M1 must connect to M2 also and Ip Phones connected to M2 must connect to M1 also.
Pls suggest if it is possible, what configuration changes I have to do.Should I require some extra hardware or I have to upgrade the image.The current image ver. is 3.1.

Regds

Prakap

Are you using Sig Serv or only IP line card?

Is site M2 a Branch Office?

If IP line card, an IP phone on site M1 may be able to call an IP phone on site M2 throught DSP, E1 Line, DSP
If Sig Serv, a fully IP telephony config must be implemented.

Can this be possible by configuring both Meridian in Leader/follower mode.and If the connectivity between both systems goes down the follower declare itself as leader or not.How to configure in leader follower mode.

site one leader, site 2 follower, if site one goes card goes down, site two can not see a leader and stations should auto reregister to the card. haven't done this on a 3.1 but did that exact test at a recent site. if the link went down each site worked in the standalone mode

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back