Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Help needed to view example apps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JulieM

Programmer
Jun 6, 2001
GB
When I try to open the Example Applications I get the "Oops. Sorry for the error..." page. I know the apps have been loaded and I also know the error is in trying to find localhost but no one here knows how to get it to find them on our server. Does anyone know if I can alter the application files in the example directories to enable me to access these.

So the example apps are in your web directory and you can view other cfm files? Can you also get to CF administrator? - tleish

Yes to all. I just can't view the example apps.

localhost is the same as 127.0.0.1. It is the machine CF is installed on. Up until version 4.5 (I'm not sure about version 5.0) example apps can only be viewed when you work locally on the machine CF is installed on. Try this, it should work.

<webguru>iqof188</webguru>

Does this mean I need to view the examples on the server itself? I'm still very confused.

Julie:

If only to get to the bottom of this, yes, go to the server itself and try using localhost in place of 127.0.0.1, and then try using the machine name if that doesn't work. For some reason, 127.0.0.1 never works for me, either. Localhost works sometimes, and the machine name (server name) works most of the time. John Hoarty
jhoarty@quickestore.com

Microsoft servers right? They still don't get it ;-) Be smart and switch to Apache. It rocks.

<webguru>iqof188</webguru>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back