Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Help Needed!! Stuck in MS Access

Status
Not open for further replies.

tanujm

MIS
Mar 20, 2003
AU
Hi Everyone,

I have a problem with Ms Access and can't seem to figure out a good way to do it !!

I have a to write a query to which picks out how many times a customer has come into the shop for servicing (it should only pick those who have come more then once). The following are the tables:

Customer Table:
CustomerID
LastName
FirstName
Address
Suburb
Postcode
Service_ID

Service Table:
ServiceID
ServiceDescription
Hours
ServiceCharge
GST_Required
Customer_Id

How do I write the query ?? I have tried all I know and cant figure it out. Can anyone help me please. Any Suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

SELECT Count(ServiceTable.ServiceID) AS CountOfServices, ServiceTable.Customer_ID, ServiceTable.ServiceID
FROM ServiceTable
GROUP BY ServiceTable.ServiceID
HAVING (((Count(ServiceTable.ServiceID))>2))

...this should gt you on the right track...

Dear tkovirus - Thanks for the help -

I m getting a error message when I try to run the query:

"You tried to execute a query that does not include the specified expression "Customer_Id" as part of an aggregate function."

Can you please tell me what do I do to get rid of this error?

:)Thanks,

Tanuj

This would happen if the Group By field is missing or miss-spelled.

...sorry...I forgot to include the CustomerID

SELECT Count(ServiceTable.ServiceID) AS CountOfServices, ServiceTable.Customer_ID, ServiceTable.ServiceID
FROM ServiceTable
GROUP BY ServiceTable.ServiceID,ServiceTable.Customer_ID
HAVING (((Count(ServiceTable.ServiceID))>2))

..try this

Hi Again,

Thanks for the help.......

Its running now but not returning any entries.....

The ServiceID is a primary key in ServiceTable & Customer_ID is a lookup in the ServiceTable.

maybe I have design flaw in my tables ??? is it possible to show u the access file ... like email it to u ....... ofcourse if you are free and have time......... I really appreciate your assistance.....my email id is nnew@bigpond.net.au

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back