Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

HELP needed, Pleeeeese......

Status
Not open for further replies.

newbieedmon

Technical User
Jan 13, 2009
CA
hi,
i am new to backup exec, and just new to this company the It guy who usually handle this is no longer connected to the company. now they ask to learn and work on this backup veritas. problem is the server that they use before is name as SVRDATA, for some reason they change it to new server named SVRDATA1, they use to backup files using veritas backup exec on the svrdata, now its because they changed the server to svrdata1 when i try to restore the file from the old tape, i get the error remote agent is not installed or something like install a remote agent. try to install it but it is looking to other machine on the network, when i choose a machine and try to login prompts me invalid username./password but i already use the admin account,

is there anyway that i can restore the file from the old svrdata tape to the new svrdata1 server?

thanks for the fast reply simpleb, the thing here is i know to use the backup veritas i can do backup and do restore from the tape that was backup using svrdata1, (the new server).

here is the scenario.

Old server new server
SVRDATA SVRDATA1
tape LT00004 tape daily
backup exec 10 backup exec 11

now the old server SVRDATA is no longer working with backup at taper LTO00004, now i want to restore the LT00004 to the new SVRDATA1.

the first error i got is need to install remote agent server, the CD has this option and tried to install it and successfully did it.

still when i restore the tape, still prompts me this error, no remote agent is installed.

do i have to set any settings for me to restore the tape to the new server?

thank you guys in advance for any answers..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back