Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

help needed on floppy driver

Status
Not open for further replies.

shahzaad

Programmer
May 6, 2003
PK
hi'
i'm working on OS.we have developed a architecture of new filesystem.now we r working on drivers.but i'm getting lot of trouble on floppy disk driver.especially catching hardware interrupt while recalibrating FDC .i need help in building this driver.
if anyone has build floppy disk driver .please mail me or reply me on this forum.

let me find the URL so you can download the datasheet for the 82077AA floppy controller - it explains everything about it - all ports and how to program read/write/verify/format/seek functions etc

its great - just cant seem 2 find it atm :(

"There are 10 types of people in this world, those who know binary and those who don't!"

i'll wait for u.but i've quite a bit material on floppy controller. i'm getting problems during implementation.i've been able to controle floppy motor ,reset the controller.but the problem comes when i try to recalibrate the controller.its not firing interrupt.in other words i'm not able to catch interrupt after recalibration.

Hey,

It's good that you are working on a floppy drive controller driver and when you are having trouble implemeting it why don't you take a look at how other hobby OS'es are making it work and make sure you are conformant to drive controller requirements first and then you can fiddle with it.Here's a little something for you, I am working on OS project too,though I am not the lead programmer.

Check that Floppy driver code and I am sure it will help you.BTW the project name is "The Mobius"

revanthn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back