Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Help needed on errror in IIS 6[

Status
Not open for further replies.

r8j8t

IS-IT--Management
May 11, 2007
GB
Hello
I am running several web sites on my Win 2003 IIS 6 web server. The web server has got .net 3 as well as .net3 Sp1 installed.
One of my sites say site1 running on server has got its own set of application pool.
There is folder under set1 which is running as application.
When i try to browse that particular folder running as application I get the following error: "error CS0016 Could not write to output file 'c:\Windows\Microsoft.Net\Framework\v2.0.50727\Temporary ASP.NET Files Access denied"
I have checked that network service has got write and modify permissions on the Asp.net folder.
I have checked event log and have got warning with event id 1310. I even tried giving full control to the asp.net folder.
I have also restarted the IIS as well as the server but nothing changed.

Strangely I have got same settings for web site as well as IIS on another Win2003 web servwer. I have checked the netservice permission which is also simliar to my problem server.I can browse my application folder there without any problems.
I dont know what to look for now. Any help will be highly appreciated.

I had the same problem, i reinstalled Service pack 1 or 2, dont recall, and it fixed the problem.
Also, make sure that IUSER and Network services have full rights on the temp directory where its specifyed. its not a security bridge, i checked on that as well.
Good Luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back