Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Help needed in passing CISCO exam

Status
Not open for further replies.

hindutva2306

Programmer
Jun 19, 2008
US
Hi All,

I understand there are lots of dumps available to help me learn and give the test. But is there an easier way to pass the exam without much effort. Where all can I give the exam in India and can be assured for passing? Any hint, solutions, answers, please let me know

I don't think there is away to be assured passing unless you cheat, which is strongly discouraged by everyone on this forum. If you are really wanting to take the CCNA, you need to put in the time and read, practice, and practice some more.

Books by Todd Lammle, and CiscoPress are great places to start. If you can get your hands on a router or 2, that is in my opinion the best way to practice. Boson has a good simulator, but I think there is no substitute for the real thing.

hindutva2306,

If you look real hard I am sure that you can find the company that was offering to take the exam for you for $$$$$.

Then you can check and see if they will go on the interview for you and have someone go to work for you also :) :)

Why would you want to be a "paper" anything???????

You want to pass - read at least 2 books on CCNA - Cisco Press and Sybex CCNA Study Guide by Todd Lammle. Set up a lab with 3 routers and 3 switches from eBay and do tons of hands on!!!

If you are not willing to pay the dues then do not look here for ways to CHEAT !!!

E.A. Broda
CCNA, CCDA, CCAI, Network +

here is an official definition of dump by merriam-websters
"an accumulation of refuse and discarded materials"
DONT EVEN THINK OF GOING THERE !! now that you have thought about it, DONT GO THERE.

Nothing is for sure - except death and taxes !! If you fail an exam - study more and try to pass. Maybe third time is a charm. Then if you feel networking is not for you, try another field.

As Steven Covey says (ofcourse i'm paraphrasing) you got to till the land, water it, sow, remove the weeds for you to get something during harvest

And mind-meld works for only Vulcans in movies, tv and conventions :)

There are no shortcuts. Everyone must go through the fire and pay the price to earn the Cisco certifications. BTW, Cisco is starting a test program where they will imprint your picture on the test score sheet so the person who took the test will match the test results.

But is there an easier way to pass the exam without much effort. Where all can I give the exam in India and can be assured for passing?
I can't be as diplomatic as the other responses in above...WTF?!? Seriously, you want to cheat your way through the exam?? It's because of crap like this that certs have a bad rep in some parts. If the sole objective is to get the cert by any means possible as opposed to getting the cert and actually learning the material then you are in the wrong place. Like lerdalt said, buy yourself a lab kit and do what we are doing and study your a$$ off so that when you are in the real world you don't look like an idiot when you see your first real live cisco gear. I sincerely hope that this is some sort of language barrier and the OP is trying to say something other than what I am taking it as.

I hate all Uppercase... I don't want my groups to seem angry at me all the time! =)
- ColdFlame (vbscript forum)

But is there an easier way to pass the exam without much effort."
This is a question...the end of the sentence needs a question mark, not a period. Fix this, and I will answer the question, but not until then. It is against forum rules to write a question with a period at the end of it.

Burt

Whoa, Ok so you guys have scared this guy away!

CiscoGuy33 - I hate to say this but if someone was going to go to work for me and i get paid....I think i would let him :)+

All he had to do was put a question mark at the end of his question, and I would have helped him out...how can I trust that he'd follow instructions when he can't even put a question mark at the end of a question?

lol

Burt

Hilarious! Let me get this straight, you are saying that cheating would probably be more of a pain then you want, so is their an easier way than cheating? I dont know, pay off the instructor? Isnt cheating as easy as it gets?

God forbid you learned something during the process.

It's nice to see that Cisco and Vue are going to start cracking down on possible cheating:

Cisco and Pearson VUE Launch Global Test Delivery Exam Security Enhancements

Cisco and its global testing provider, Pearson VUE, a business of Pearson Inc. are pleased to announce a series of security enhancements that will reinforce the integrity and value of its Career certification program.

The advanced security enhancements include the use of digital photographs for candidate-identity verification and forensic analysis of testing data. The new measures, to be implemented beginning on Aug. 1, will include:

Photo on Score Report and Web – On completion of a certification exam at the test center, candidates will receive preliminary score reports imprinted with their photos and unique authentication codes. The authentication code can be used to access a candidate’s official score online at Pearson VUE’s website usually within 72 hours of the examination. The online score report will also display the candidate’s photo. Candidates may share access to their online records with employers or other third parties.

Forensic Analysis – Exam results and other testing data will be continuously analyzed by forensic software to detect aberrant testing behavior and to flag suspect exams for further investigation.

Preliminary Score Report – All paper score reports will be preliminary, pending the results of forensic analysis, until official exam scores are posted to the Web usually within 72 hours of exam completion. Once the exam scores are official, candidates may use the authentication codes on their score reports to access the Pearson VUE website for score and photo verification.
These new exam security measures are part of Cisco’s overall strategy to protect the value and integrity of its certifications. Other measures include simulation-based testing, dynamically generated questions and emulations to help ensure that Cisco certified networking professionals continue to have the knowledge, skills, and credentials to perform well on the job.

Hi,
Certifications are just not another medium of making more money, they are the owner's pride and the scale of their knowledge and ability! Knowledge and ability are some thing that cannot be gained thru any easy way out. They are like staircases, you have to climb the steps one by one and you reach your destination, if you try to jump the stairs you may fall down and hurt yourself!
And my friend if you are not a hard working type just dont even think in your dreams to achieve CISCO certs! Think of some other career that may reward you more with less efforts!!!
All the best!

Wow! I am gone for a few weeks (OK... a month) and the forum goes crazy with excitement and people trying to beat the system! Definitely should have included the question mark...

In all actuality I do not see it as feasible to cheat your way through a Cisco certification exam. The exams that I have taken require enough knowledge and application of that knowledge in order to demonstrate a technical know how. Just does not seem possible to "brain dump" all of the possible categories of such a broad area such as networking and the Cisco IOS... Regardless, even if someone was successful what good would it actually do them? I am buying different brand hardware (Watchguard, Juniper, Lucent, 3Com, Extreme etc) and playing with software (Wireshark, Snort, PacketTrap etc.) Because I want to ensure that I am well rounded and quite honestly the more I learn the more I realize that I do not know. Cheating on a cert would be completely pointless because that dream job (if you were able to actually get it) would be short lived at best!

My recommendation would be to earn it... If you have to cheat then you obviously don't love the field and would probably be better off somewhere else anyway!

B Haines
CCNA, FOI

We all have had cheaters at schools we attended, but look at what happened or is happening to them. They have a short success.I wonder what would happen when you are on a conference and are asked thinks that a CCNA must know..what you gonna do? call someone, your cheating friends for help?

I guess he decided to look elsewhere...

B Haines
CCNA R&S, ETA FOI

Weird...i feel like i've seen this posting before....very strange...oh and is Todd Lammle god?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back