Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Help Needed - GW Client has garbaged icons 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

tcloud

MIS
Jul 20, 2001
US
Hi,

I have a workstation-specific issue with garbaged icons in the GroupWise 6.5 Client. We've tried uninstalling numerous times; even using CleanIt software to help remove registry files. It's not working.

Btw, what shows is red question marks over black shapes of what would be the proper icons.

I'm thinking that there are still reg files remaining (obviously whichever one is causing this problem), but don't know how to identify them all for full uninstall.

Anyone have a similar problem and/or can offer a solution?

I have seen this problem before and it was related to the screen resolution settings. I don't know why that is but when we started installing new computers with 17 inch flat panel monitors the resolution was set so high the icons had red question marks. When I lowered the resolution they went away. It didn't happen on all the computers just a select few. But that got rid of the weird icons.

That was it! The resolution was set to 16-bit. First I lowered it, and the problem was resolved; then I raised it to 32-bit and it's still good.

Thanks again for the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back