Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Help needed for 1Z0-101

Status
Not open for further replies.

ABAT

Programmer
Oct 5, 2001
IN
Hi all!

I am Anup and desperately need help regarding OCP Exam 1Z0-101 (Develop PL/SQL Program Unit). Can any one pls give me the URL of various sites offering free practice test and study material related with this paper. Pls also suggest some good books to follow.

Thanx in advance,

Anup

Hi Anup,

I used the following book for my OCP Developer Track:

Oracle Certified Professional - Allication Developer Exam Guide by Jason S. couchman and Christopher Allen - from Oracle Press.

This book covers all the five exams in the Developer Track.

In addition to the above book, for (Exam 1Z0-001) I have used Oracle 8i DBA SQL and PL/SQL study guide by Chip Dawes and Biju Thomas - from Sybex. I think you can find a book for 1Z0-101 also.

Regarding free sample questions, you can try Though they only offer very few(about 20 per exam)free questions,they are pretty useful. Quite a few of them appeared on the real test with little or not modifications at all. If you require more, you can buy more questions from them for about $100. I personally feel that if you can go through the above two books thoroughly, you do not need to buy any extra questions. Apart from this, I do not know of any sites that offer free sample questions.

Good luck

I passed Develop PL/SQL program units on this Sat.
47/57 30min. finish test, not good score but after PL/SQL two weeks later pass this exam. isn't bad score for me.
I didn't spend lots time on that, two weekend on BN bookstore with large coffee.
But, I don't feel this is good idea for everyone. The more times you spend you will learn more.
Reason I take exam early is my SAP 4.6B CD and books is coming, I cann't very concentrate on this exam, so I decide to take this exam early.
This is some information for people want to take this exam

Creating Procedure #8
Creating Functions #5
Creating Packages #8
More Package Concepts #6
Oracle Supplied Packages #6
Creating Database Triggers #7
More Trigger Concepts #5
Managing Subprograms and Triggers #5
Managing Dependencies #7

Not hard, but question was very very long and big.
Must patience, will have great score, don't like me 30min out.

Hi michelle Cogratulations
I just passed the 1z0-001 on friday and I'm now reading for the 1Z0-101 exam. What books and study aids did you use? Any information will be appreciated.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back