Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Help - Need to forward all unprogramed DN's to a set

Status
Not open for further replies.

hointz

Technical User
Aug 31, 2004
US
I'm trying to set up an application where any DN not programmed will forward to a 3904 - I don't have an attendent console here. I can set up my intercept treatments in LD 15 to go to the attendent for the CTVN prompt but can't assign the attendent DN to appear on my 3904.

Does anyone have an idea on how this can be accomplished?

that's a bunch of numbers to go to a single set, usually those would go to ran route, stating that the number for the listed number is xxx xxx xxxx.. to send those numbers to a station i can't think of an better way then acd..

new
acd
acdn = any vacant number.. these can be groups an acd with a dn of 8 would send all the 8000 range or 800 range if your 3 digit, 791 would send 7910 thru 7919 etc

maxp =1
ncfw = the dn of the 3903..
vnr vacant number routing would send all vacant numbers to a route, but not a set

might try a nite answer point as the 3903 dn in your nite data block, your switch is in nights if you don't have a console, so if you make vacant number go the the att, with the switch in night it MIGHT, follow the night treatment... let me know if neither of these work, i know acd will work, but you might have more vacant then you care to add.

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

I thought of the first option you listed - unfortunately with around 100 DN's programmed for this customer (not in any logical block) it would take a whole lot of ACDN's programmed to make that happen.

I've been playing around with attendent and night programming for the past hour but it doesn't seem to follow my night treatments without an attendent console. I tried programming an attendent console and disabling it as well but that didn't work either.

i thought that would be a little to easy, 100 acd's is do-able, build a short script that put's everthing in but the acdn, if your not up to speed on scripts, i can build one for you, if i can find this post tomorrow.. if your running pcplus (procomm) you could add them almost as fast as you could type them, if you care to paste a list of vacant dn's, i can build a script to add them in about 15 minutes.. just turn it on and watch..

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

I really want to avoid the ACD route. I think it could be implemented without too much pain but I would have to go through and revamp things everytime they wanted a new number programmed.

Anyway - I think the other approach will work but it's giving me problems. Basically, my ATDN is programmed to 0 and no consoles are programmed but if I dial 0 it still rings, regardless of whether I have anything set in the NIT data block.

I tested this on another customer. They had an ATDN of 1601 - tried dialing it and got a fast busy. Put another DN in the NIT block and now when I dial 1601 it rings through to the other number as intended. Any ideas why the first customer (the one that I need this to work on) wouldn't be functioning correctly?

change the atdn to a vacant number, make 0 a acd and send that to the set your trying to ring

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Set one up in the lab with know problem.
ATDN = 0
NIT = 1234
My M3904 was extension 1234 and I had no Console built. When I dialed 0 the call went to ext 1234.

I set up mine the same way as above, however when I dial 0 it simply rings and doesn't forward to the NIT extension. Is there somethign that needs to be done to put the switch into night mode if there is no console programmed?

the internal dial 0 will not follow the night prompt, only external, making 0 an acd, or using it as a mcr on a set is the only way to do that, that i have found. i use a did as my atdn, for that and a few other reasons. with mail and menu services dialing 0 as a default, it gives me better control over "0".. here we never have less then 2 att's at any one time, my nite is not a problem..

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Setting up 0 as an ACD isn't an option as my overall goal is to have all unprogrammed numbers go to the attendent. I actually don't need to use '0' it could be any number for an attedent DN, 0 was just the default.

If you have the IDC package for LD 49, couldn't you just point all the unprogrammed DNs to the set you want the call to go to?

mjamm... looks like he's concerned with dial "0".. idc work for external callers, still leaves internal untouched.. you could build a route with a couple of trunks, making the auto term to the atdn on the set then turn on vnr to that route, buts that a strange approch

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back