Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

HELP! Need ESEUTIL for Exchange Server 2000

Status
Not open for further replies.

jwalz

Programmer
Oct 31, 2000
US
I need to run the ESEUTIL program on my Exchange Server 2000 databases. I have a version that appears to be for Exchange 5.5. I get the following message when I try to run the utility: error_1209 <JET_errInvalidDatabase Version Database enging is incompatible iwht database>. All of the related messages that i cn find on Microsoft's site refer to Exchange 5.5. Plus in my Application log the error messages show that the service is from ESE97 not ESE.

Please can anyone help me!!

Thanks!
Janet

The ESEUTIL is in your exchsrvr\BIN folder.

I'm Certifiable, not certified.
It just means my answers are from experience, not a book.

That is the one that I found that is giving me the database version incompatibility issues. The datestamp on my eseutil.exe file is 6/18/2002. Is there anything newer that I cound download from somewhere? Or is there a flag I need to use to tell it that the database is Exchange 2000 and not 5.5?

Thanks, Janet

Check out the FAQ for this forum, provides good detail about using the utility.

I'm Certifiable, not certified.
It just means my answers are from experience, not a book.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back