Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Help! - NEC SV9100 UK Outgoing E164 Issues - SIP Trunk 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

techpointhull

Systems Engineer
Aug 15, 2023
GB
Hi Guys,

First post here. I am having a headache configuring a SIP Trunk on an SV9100 that uses Networking mode, and currently unable to make any outbound calls. The carrier is expecting to see the FROM number in E.164 format, which in the UK and the area code is +4401482, however for some reason the system is still sending this information as 01482@SIPIP even after configuring the carrier configuration guide for the SV9100, here are my settings.

Program 10-02 Location Setup

01 - Country Code: 44
02 - International Access Code: 00
03 - Caller ID Edit Code: 0
04 - Area Code: 01482
95 - CID Edit Trunk Access Code: 9

Program 21-17: IP Trunk (H.323/SIP) Calling Party Number Setup for Trunks

Trunk 001 -> SIP Trunk CPN - Calling Party Number: 01482XXXXXX (XXXXXX is the Main Line number)

Program 84-14: SIP Trunk Basic Setup
13 - Incoming/Outgoing SIP Trunk for E.164: Mode 2

Program 84-39: SIP Trunk message customize
02 - Option 2: Outgoing INVITE Message Contact Header User Part -> Mode 2: Use Calling Party Information
05 - Option 5: Outgoing INVITE Message P-Asserted-Identity/P-Preferred-Identity Usage -> Mode 2: Use P-Asserted-Identity Header using Caller Party Information

I have captured in WireShark what happens when 9 is pressed for an outside call, and I can see the system is in fact sending 01482XXXXXX instead of what the carrier is expecting, +441482XXXXXX

I have genuinely exhausted options, and I have even tried this on a clean database but not getting any results. Don't suppose anyone can maybe give me any suggestions?

Sorry for the newbie post, I have tried to provide as much information as I can.

TIA!
James

3racefan3 - I have checked both 84-14 and 10-02-02, and these values are correct.

I'm not familiar with UK dialing, but in my tests, to get your stated desire of +441482xxxxxx, you could set 84-14-13 to Mode 1 and 21-17 to 1482xxxxxx. Mode 1 prepends the Calling party number with +44 AND the dialed number with +44. I don't have any settings in 84-39 (all zeroes). In my tests 84-14-13 Mode 2 removes both the '+' and the country code '44' from both the CPN and the dialed number. Mode 3 only prepends a '+' (no country code) to the CPN, and nothing to the dialed number. What SIP response are you getting back when you try calling out?

OldNECguy - You sir are an absolute gentleman! Thank you so much for the information you gave.

For anyone browsing this thread at a later date, appending 21-17 to be "441482XXXXXX" and changing 84-14-13 to Mode 3, worked.

Thank you once again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back