Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Help! My site looks horrible in Netscape!

Status
Not open for further replies.

KittieKat

Technical User
Apr 11, 2002
US
How do I fix this?? It's looks fine in Explorer and I looked at it in Netscape and it looks horrible!!!

here is the link:
Thank you in advance!

Crysti

hi,
theres nothing wrong with your site in netscape. although the site could be worked on alot if you are really interested in selling the products.

sure you arent just advertising your site?

Shoulda known I'd get a response like that! Jeez. My site does NOT look good in Netscape, it looks totally different than in Explorer and I was asking for help. If I wanted to plug my site, I wouldn't do it here. If you have any helpful suggestions, I would appreciate it.

Thank you in advance.

Crysti

Hi,

I checked your site in internet explorer 6 and netscape 6.1 on a P.C. but I really don't see any difference in netscape.
Are you perhaps using an old version of netscape?

regards, goaganesha

Hi,
I checked it with Nutscape 4.61 and IE, while there are a few differences in it, it ain't all that bad.
The side borders and the form were the only real discrepencies (speeling).
One question though, why is your scripting above the <head> tag? Shouldn't it be inside the <head></head> tags?

Wverner. You are a dope.

Dirtrocker hasit right. Nustscrap is unforgiving with code outside the header. You cgi script works in IE becasue it is kind. Your banner won't work unless you sort this out.

Set you table border width to 0 and move the cgi stuff inside your header.

Thanks everyone for your help, I am going to try and work on it today. It's the borders that are bothering me in Nutscrape and I'll try what you guys suggested. I appreciate all of your help! :)

Crysti

I'm a bit confused. ALL the script is to be put inbetween the <head> tags?

Thanks,

Crysti

I usually put the java scripting between the <head></head> tags.
Sometimes I will put some scripting below the </head> tag, above the <body> tag. Depends on the scripting.
But I have never put the scripting above the <head> tag and had it work right.

Your scripting for the no right click, is above the <head> tag and should be between them.
I would also look at the tabling. You have the table at 100%, which should make it pull to the border. If you are Using Dreamweaver, you may need to adjust the edges a biit to get it to pull to the border. Don't know why that happens, but everyonce in a while, I get a page that does that. Usually if I start a new page and then put everything into the new page from the old one, it sometimes corrects.
Don't know. I am still learning all this. LOL!

Okay then I'll put everything between the <head> tags and see how that works out, thanks again!!

Crysti

alright nippi calm it down! dope? i just said that it looked ok in my netscape browser.

KittiKat,
Dirtrocker and Nippi have great suggestion.
I would like to add there are great sites for HTML basics.
Put HTML basics in your fav. search engine.
Also notice that your page loaded too slow for dialup.
The last stats where still 50% of internet users are still on dialup, that is a lot of customers :-D

kittie
sailrunner gave good advice. A site that has alot of information regarding html and cross browsers is . There is alot of info also at web monkey ( search for it on google etc- webmonkey is on the lycos network) they provide alot of info regarding the differences between IE and Netscape. You may find your answers here. Also you will learn alot. very handy sites.

Hope you get sorted.

Sorry werner

Problems with the site were so obvious, and sOOOOOOOo unlikely to get other developers to buy off your sites so obviosuly not putting comments here to advertise.

LOL!! You guys are funny! Thanks for the help, I'll move on to the other sites.

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back