Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

help--my font menus are gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.

backspin

Technical User
Mar 13, 2002
US
I was working merrily away on a Quark document (Mac, OS 9.2, Quark 4.1), when suddenly my font menu list disappeared. If I have text highlighted & click down in the bottom bar to bring up the menu of fonts, nothing happens. Also, nothing happens if I try to bring up the font menu by using the top menu Style---Font route. Also it's gone when trying to set up a style sheet.

I've reinstalled Quark twice, and ATM once. The font menus are still there in all other software applications. I've rebuilt the desktop, run Norton, & defragged everything.

This seems to have started when I had to open a Quark file that came from an outside source, but I'm not 100% sure. In any case, that file has been deleted.

Help! Quark won't talk to me because they don't give support for anything but the most current version (don't you just love 'em?!), & I'm working at a University which has no money to buy upgrades.

Do you use some kind of font manager in addition to ATM that displays the fonts in their own typeface?

If so, try removing/reinstalling that.

Also, when you say ATM, do you mean the ATM font management or the ATM control panel (that makes the fonts smooth etc)?

I use Adobe Type Manager. I've already re-installed it, with no change. And since the font menus work fine in every other software, I really think this is a Quark issue.

ok.
when you reinstall Quark, make sure you have first got rid of your original Quark preferences etc.

I know what you mean about it probably being a Quark prob becuase everything else is ok.

But I have had a similar problem that was caused by a clash between Virex and Suitcase MenuFonts... it only affected Quark and nothing else on my system.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back