Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Help Monitoring log-ons...!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

bran2235

IS-IT--Management
Feb 13, 2002
US
Hi everyone-
Environment:
MF XPe Ctx SP3-FR3, W2k, W2K SP3...
11 MFs in farm that are all publishing the desktop. They are all load balancing amongst each other....

Problem: Several managers want to know when 'their' employees are loggin in to verify hours worked, etc...

What is the best way to do this? Do I set a policy on my Citrix Server OU where my metaframes sit? Or is this a local policy on all of my metaframes?

Which security Auditing policy do I select... There are several that look just like the others???

last- would you suggest some other software besides Microsoft's event logs...??

THANK YOU!!
Brandon

bran2235,

Since you are an XPe user, you could try getting user log in/out information through the Billing Reports in Resource Manager. RM stores user data for a period of 14 days by default.

Good luck!

Thank you Binkie-

I don't think this is possible (?) I thought Resource Manager was only used for CPU, MEMORY, and PROCESSES... Please correct me if I am worng...

Anyone else have any ideas???

Many Thanks!
Brandon

Brandon,

You might be right. The old RMS 1.0 used to have a Billing feature which would allow you to track logins/outs; this may not be available in RM (XPe).

A company called Lakeside Software was the original producers of the RMS technology. By the looks of their website, it seems they have released a new version of SysTrack; complete with the Billing feature you need. Great news!!

Check it out when you get a chance

I have downloaded and used the demo from lakeside it works great if your users are using a login id. we have users logging in anonymously and are trying to find a software that tracks the workstation id which the lakeside software currently does not.

any ideas?

Resource Manager still has the billing reports in it, you should be using that.

[blue]Arguably the best cat skinner around ! [/blue]

Cheers
Scott

I need the workstations id and the billing report does not provide that it will provide user id but not workstations or at least I cant seem to find where to get the workstaions id. I can turn on load eval logs but it wont give the day only time and then turns off after a couple of days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back