Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Help Micros e7 - no help from North Country Busines Products

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 12, 2018
US
thread693-1785882
Okay so not very teckie, but we have a restaurant in Northern Mn and use Micros e7- we were only told in June of 2018 we need an up grade, but they cant due till August (North Country Business Products ) then it was put on hold because upgrades were not working out. Then last week got a email that they can schedule me Dec 12th 2018- come today my credit cards will not work on pos/ say " Invaid term id " of course I put help desk calls in, finally someone calls me back, says that First Data is down for the week and I can not run credit cards till I get upgrade... what??? I don't think First Data would be down for a week, he called my credit card gal who works with CoCard and CoCard processes through First Data- she had not heard and would find it hard to believe that they will be down more than 2 hrs. ( Well we all know everyone pays with credit cards, so I am losing business ) North Country Business Products should have let me know if this was the case. Can someone please help me with this TLS 1.2 upgrade? Or who do you recommend besides
Micros / Oracle - North Country Business Products for a POS? I am dealing with the worst customer service.
I want to pick my own processor and own the equipment not lease or pay monthly. Or who can upgrade me with my system?
Thank You
Linda

Oracle E7 release 4.2 was broken and caused major customer issues, probably why upgrades were halted. 4.4.2.1 was released a few weeks ago and fixes the issues. I would get a standalone reader from your cc processor and then figure out what you want to do long term.

you could get a windows 7 pc and change your CC node to the computer. North country should be able to remotely install E7 on that computer and it would be TLS1.2 compliant. otherwise I would just call your processor and get some EMV card readers and go around the micros, just put a "credit card" button on the micros screen and run it through the readers. E7 is pretty much a dead product, it is probably the simplest option.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back