Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Help Me With Some Basic CMS Math

Status
Not open for further replies.

Turtlepuke

Technical User
Jan 9, 2008
US
This is probably a very silly question, but can some CMS reporting gurus help me understand. The screen shot below has an Abandon % of 4.12

But if I divide the total number of calls ACD+Conn Calls into the Abandons, I get 4.37 11/252=4.37

What am I not factoring in here?

Capture_d4wtsr.jpg

If you have a question about any CMS report or calculation, the HELP section embedded in CMS Supervisor is actually really good. You can select the specific report you have a question about and it will show you all of the items used to calculate a particular field.

In your example, % ABN would likely be ABN/Total Calls. You're likely making an incorrect assumption that Total Calls = ACD + Conn. Total Calls more likely represents ACD + Conn + Flow Out + Other. By my math, looks like your missing about 10 calls from your Total Calls. It should be easy enough for you to run a regular historical vdn daily report to see the true Total/Offered calls being used by the Profile report.

-CL

Right on! That's exactly what I needed. Thanks! And I will utilize the help file going forward.
Capture_w8xubo.jpg

Also, the original math is wrong too even without the OTHER and FLOW out. You were missing adding the abandons into the total calls. Not 11/252, it would have been 11/(252+11) = 4.18. Closer to the 4.12 shown on the report, just missing 5 more calls (other or flow out) shown on the vdn daily.

-CL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back