Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Help me use modules?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jtb1492

Technical User
Mar 17, 2005
US
So I installed the Spreadsheet::WriteExcel module from CPAN. I ran the script in the FAQ to show me which modules are installed, and it listed the Spreadsheet modules. When I try to the module, however, it doesn't work. I get this error message:

Can't locate Spreadsheet/WriteExcel.pm in @INC (@INC contains: C:\j\NEW_SC~1\ c:/Perl/lib c:/Perl/site/lib .) at C:\j\NEW_SC~1\pexcel.pl line 3.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at C:\j\NEW_SC~1\pexcel.pl line 3.

My line 3 is: use Spreadsheet::WriteExcel;

Seems like it's not finding the module. But I let ppm (and also CPAN.pm) do the install automatically, so shouldn't the necessary files be where they need to be? And thought or a plan of attack?

Thanks...Jason

Do a search for WriteExcel.pm through windows, and add that path to @INC.

I'm working on that right now...Is this something I'll have to do normally to use modules I install?

I would try reinstalling the module. It looks as though something didn't work during the initial installation which is causing your problem.

- Rieekan

OK...som preogress...I had been running the script from within the EngInSite Perl Editor and I kept getting all the errors. Now, I tried to run the script from the command prompt in cygwin...and it worked.

Can anybody explain what my problem is?

It sounds like EngInSite Perl Editor is not able to invoke all your perl libraries.

Try open a dos window (cmd) go to the script directory, execute the script:

C:\myscriptdirectory>perl myscript.pl

It should work fine.

dmazzini
GSM System and Telecomm Consultant

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back