Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Help me to make my web site more interesting. Thank you 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest_imported

Jan 1, 1970
I want to make my site more interesting, more atractive. I want to make it more visited and for that my mind goes to some things: jokes, zodiac, etc. What do you think? A person tell me you can subscribe to some sites and they will delivery on your site weather, zodiac, etc. It's that true? If you have a site and it's popular please help me to make my site too.
Please tell me how can my site become more known.
Thank you

What is your site about?
Would you let us know the URL of the site so we can have a look at it.
There are sites that will provide you with content for your site, such as news feeds, weather, cartoons etc, etc.
Remember, people are very unlikely to visit your site for any of these things.
You need to make sure you have done everything you can to make your site "search engine friendly" so that your site will get listed as high as possible when people search using keywords related to your subject matter.
If you site is just a personal home page about you and your life, hobbies etc then you have to realise that you are never going to get millions of visitors.
As realhorrorshow said - "content is king", if (for example) your site is about scuba diving then you have got to try and make your site better than all the others - no easy task whatever the subject matter. Joe Bananas

I neglected to ask the dreaded "how can I make my site pretty" question, but since its on-topic and I hope the original poster won't mind:

How can I make my main page more visually appealling? I'm fairly happy with the interface, though I'm not opposed to changing it. Unfortunately, though, I'm artistically-impaired, and I'd like to snazz-up the site's main page to make it more striking.

I've subscribed to Inktomi's for-fee indexing, and I get a fair number of hits from it. The visitors see this page first, so I want it to be as inviting as possible. Robert Bradley
teaser.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back