Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Help me !!, to give ccna after 12 hours

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 5, 2003
IN
Dear Guys,

I am in a last minute nervous routine. All kinds of doubts are starting to crop up in my mind. I have 12 hour to go, and have been studying like crazy for last 10 hours..got thru 10 practice test (ccna 2.0), i am givin it 9am tommorrow...request anyone one to please answer as soon as possible...will be grateful.

I have sturdied from the ccna 2.0 todd lammel and icnd books...in there he talks about set based switch...there is a lab in it for 1900 switch config

My Questions are

1)In the 640-607, will i get sim question for configuring 1900 set based switches or will it be the 2900 switches, because syntax is different for both types of swithes..i know this is damn late to be asking this kind o f question.

2)Or is it that there will be no switch based sims , only router sims ? Are there sims on vlan trunking...and if so which switches (1900 or 2900)..syntax differs ???

2)Are there vlan config sims in the exam or mainly configure basic stuff on routers

3)In the sims, will the test accept wrong responses or is it a serial dumb program which will not move ahead until i type the thing that it expects..basically will it help me or go against me.

4)In multiple choice answers. Will they always tell me the no of answers they expext...is this true...if this is so i have a great chance of getting the question right

5)Will the sims record my activity in terms of time taken or may be incorrect command entries or incorrect subnet masks or is that all tht matters is getting the sim through, basicall is there any negative marking for the time u take or the no of mistkes u make while doing the sims.

6) will there be DDR sims...isdn sims ??

This is all or nothing for me now. Either tommoroww is going to be very depressing day or its going to make me smile. This is plea. If you have answrs to the above, wud be grateul if u cud respond to this asap. Cud make a huge difference for me.

Awaiting your response..the clock is ticking

Its been a few weeks, so I may off slightly, but here goes...

1,2,3 I don't remember getting any switch questions sims, just router sims.

4 I think it always listed the number of answers to check.

5 Not sure since my score wasn't 1000, but I think only hte end result matters. If make a typo and then retype it correctly, it should be ok.

6 I had neither of these either.

Hope it helps. It was reasonably straight forward. But like others have said on this list, know subnetting. If you have to think too much, you won't have time to finish.

Chris.

cabracy, thx for input. Am doing some last minute sims on my simulator then its off to take the plunge...

Vikram

Congrats!

I will be sitting on the 15th Aug - any tips!!

EB

Tips....study real hard...get a good machine at ur test center with good ram and graphics capabilty...shudnt freeze in sims...get a good nights sleep...slog thelast 5 hours leading up to the exam and use the sim or test router to get into the zone just before the exam.Best of luck and hope u are a CCNA on 15th aug

Vikram

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back