Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Help me setup MX record with Everydns.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

lilcam

MIS
Apr 22, 2002
US
Refer to this Screenshot from my account with everyndns.net

I entered in the following and it still doesnt seem to be routing my emails correctly. I would send email to username@xxxx.com and it goes somewhere in cyberspace. no return email stating it can't find the domain name or anything like that. I didnt receive it on my linux server so it's gotta be the MX record setting. I am using NAT to forward port 25/143 to my linux server. I have a STATIC address from my DSL provider.

FQDN : mail.xxxx.com (xxxx is a ficticious domain)
Record Type: MX
Record Value: <my IP address to my router>
If MX Record, MX Value: 1

I am not sure if I entered in the correct information under Record Value. I think someone said I would have to create an 'A' record for the mail server. Right now I just have an 'A' record for my webserver (
Instead of putting my ip address under 'Record Type' I need to enter mail.xxxx.com after I create the MX record.

Tell us what the domain is and I'll look it up!

Chris.
Chris Andrew, CCNA, CCSA
chris@iproute.co.uk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back