Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

HELP ME SET UP A USER AND EXTENSION!!! 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

clubleo

MIS
Oct 5, 2002
US
How do all,

I just started at a company as their network admin. They have the Avaya phone system with Ip office running. Could someone tell me, in PLAIN english how to set up extensions in the admin software? Avaya's website is absolutely USELESS!

Since this thread was revived it is probably important to update one piece of data.

Changing an extension number is indeed mergable in newer versions of IP Office however after saving the change it is typically required to go to the device and dial *36 to apply the new extension (even if it was not a hot desk user)

If you have swapped two extensions around it will be required to go to both extensions and dial *36 to apply the change.

Of course you can still reboot as well if you like.

Kyle Holladay / IPOfficeHelp.com
ACSS/ACIS/APSS Avaya SME Communications
APDS Avaya Data
MCP/MCTS Exchange 2007/2010
Adtran ATSA, Aruba ACMA

"Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is the probable reason why so few engage in it." - Henry Ford

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back