Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Help me please.Vpn problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

puti

IS-IT--Management
Nov 19, 2003
IT
Hi all
I would like to connect two lan A and B.
Lan A:

Computer with XP.
Router adsl
192.168.0.X

Lan B:

Computer with XP.
Router adsl
192.168.0.X(same class)

I have shaped a computer of A as Client and a computer of B as server.

I open the port 1723 of routers.
The client establishes a correct connection with the file server, BUT i can not view the computer of B lan.

I have tried with "ping" , but nothing.

There are not conflict with ip.

My problem is how I do to connect fine lan A with lan B.

Thanks all

Lido

But question is

Are those End point ADSL routers at LAN A, and LAN B are capable of VPN tunnel setup?

The router that i have, are Dlink dsl-500 and Pirelli Age.

Then if i connect to B with a normal modem from a computer of A(without the adsl of A) ,The connection go fine and i can ping all the B lan Computers.
If i try with my adsl , the connection go fine , but i don't ping the B computerS

Thanks for all

Most of the times ADSL routers block ICMP requests. So you might check if thats causing the problem. ICMP being ping packets. Before you try disabling ICMP feature, try using tracert and see if it can reach it.

Thanks,

Thanks for answer!
Now i see if i can disable ICMP.

hi
I don't now where i can enable ICMP.
In my router i can see a "advancsd Filtering & firewall" where i can set the paas icmp ip.
But it doesn't work.

In this link , you can take a guide with immagines of my router. ftp://ftp.dlink.it/pub/Adsl/Dsl-500/Manuale%20Tecnico%20PDF/

Take Gen II because i have the same firmware so ou can give me more help if i don't disturb you.
But In my firmware there is not the menu " IP MASQUEREDE PASS TROUGH".

Thanks for all

Try and give the 2 lans different network addresses, your current configuration has both networks using the same address 192.168.0.x. Try changing one LAN network address to 192.168.1.x.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back