Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Help Me Please! Quick!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest_imported

Jan 1, 1970
Hi everyone. I could really use your help with this one. I am the head Tech Aid in our school. We are having a problem with kids deleting files through what appears to be a security hole. We are using Novell right now. Here is the problem: We have the accessories folder on the desktop. We let kids go into to use all of the programs we allow them to use. The folder is stripped down...there is no buttons, status bars, tool bars…. There is, however, the IE globe in the upper right hand corner on the folder. The kids right-click on that icon and choose the address bar. They also can right click on the empty bar to the left of the globe. They then go into the C:. They can't directly delete files. They can, however, go in to folder and delete it. They do that by right clicking on the little folder icon in the upper left-hand corner of the title bar. We can't stop this.

We are wondering is anyone knows how to take on the IE globe if the folders! Or how to take of that entire bar! Please respond as soon as possible!

I see you aren't getting responses. Suggest you start a new thread with a title line that concisely describes your security hole. "Need solution for security hole at school that allows file deletion by kids" would be the kind of heading that would lead others to read your posting, beyond the school environment because the hole is there for everyone, not just your savvy kids.

Sorry, I personally do not have the knowledge to help you myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back