Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Help me out with this drawing, need some sharper edges.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You may need to expand those strokes to fills and then just pull the corners out yourself with the Direct Selection and Convert Anchor point tools.

Can you give me a lil more detailed nstruction, im still pretty new to all this. What you mean is have the box to the left in the tool box filled while im drawing?

No, what I mean is select your text with the selection tool (you might want to take a copy of that text first in case you need to edit it). Then go to Object>Expand.

Do that twice and now instead of stroked text you will simply have filled shapes. So now you can manipulate those shapes using the direct selection tool on their anchor points to pull out those blunt corners into sharp corners.

Adjust the miter limit. It is located underneath the stroke weight on the palette. Put it up higher. It may make other things look different but you should adjust the handles if adjusting the miter limit doesn't work. You'll just have to try it for yourself. Get the handlebars spread apart from each other. Use the convert anchor tool shift-c to adjust one at a time.

You can expand the appearance, but that makes the whole thing difficult to edit if you ever need to change anything, so i would not recommend that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back