Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Help Me Get Rid of the "Caps Lock Is On" Warning!

Status
Not open for further replies.

rmfortwo

IS-IT--Management
Jun 23, 2003
US
I am an IT guy at a large company with about 800 computers using win XP. everyone logs on with ALL CAPS with individual usernames and passwords. however each computer is used by 3 shifts of people. different shifts use different domains. PUNCHLINE: the "CAPS LOCK IS ON" message hides the domain choice until you click on it. and about 15% of my shift is telling people not to forget to check thier domain and they say i dont see a domain choice and so on until i walk each use through the process of clicking the caps loc message and looking behind it. they usually respond with cant you get rid of that box.
Help Me Get Rid of the "Caps Lock Is On" Warning!
THANKS, BURR, ST. PETERSBURG FLORIDA.

I may be wrong here so forgive me if I lead you astray. I think I remember seing "turn of bubble notifications" in the GPedit.msc. Not sure if that will get you there but worth a try. Wish I could be more specific.

-Van

user configuration > administrative templates > start menu and taskbar > remove balloon tips on start menu items > enabled

I just do not think it will work to disable the Caps Lock warning. Try it on one machine before applying as a Group Policy to your Domain.

RE: VANSPLATTER> "turn of bubble notifications" in the GPedit.msc. I TRIED THIS AND REMOVED EVERY POP UP BUBBLE EXCEPT THE ONE I WAS AIMING FOR. HOW EVER I LEARNED SOME NEW STUFF! COOL THANKS FOR THE EFFORT. LETS KEEP WORKING ON IT. RESPECT TO ALL WHO HAVE THOUGHT ABOUT MY PROBLEM.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back