Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Help me find Redhat 8.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Programmer
Oct 16, 2003
US
Okay, i am running Redhat 9.0, but there is a program i must run and it only runs with Redhat 8.0. Ugh!!!

But i cant find where to download Redhat 8.0, i have looked through many sites including and no where to be found. This is hopeless.

I am an idiot at this so can somebody PLEASE help me find the exact path to where i can download Redhat Linux 8.0

Thanks,

ok i think i found a version. now... how do i install it?

i already have RH 9.0 installed. Do i have to format the drive first? How do i do that?

Or should i just pop in the cd, boot and go from there?

Thanks,

I assume that you have downloaded the ISO files and burned the images in them to CDs.

If your machine will boot from CD-ROM, boot from the first disk. This will start the install process.

If not, you can make a Linux boot floppy from a Win32 box using software on the first CD.

Want the best answers? Ask the best questions: TANSTAAFL!!

Okay, i have downloaded an ISO file, but now i need to burn it on a CD for linux. Its only 1 file and i know it needs to be burned to become many files. How do i do that?
How to burn on CD?

I am using WinOnCD burner.

What about for Nero?

Thanks,

OKAY..... EVERYTHING IS DOING GOOD.

I got the ISO file, i burned it, i installed Linux 8.0.
Everything looks great.... NOW.....

I need to install the NIC driver. There is no Internet connection, eth0 and eth1 not installed, i have the driver CD.... but.... where do i go from there?

How do i install the NIC driver?

Thanks,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back