Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Help me build a network

Status
Not open for further replies.

CDIV

Technical User
Nov 28, 2015
DZ
Dear all,

I'm currently in a project where I have build a different LAN networks I will appreciate if someone professional provide me some help and advise.

1- Systems ( BMS, CCTV,access control, fire alarm, admin & guest network)

_2 First problem I WORRY about network security. CCTV & automation controller need to be connected to BMS. So I WORRY that somebody just go to any machine and have and access to my CCTV. Is there any solution maybe firewall or system to allow two different system connect to one server at the same time the system A and System B can't reach each other.

Please I'm looking to a maximum advise .
Thanks

Karim

What equipment do you have? I would first separate them into their own VLANs (6, one each for BMS, CCTV,access control, fire alarm, admin & guest network). Start there---how many hosts would be in each VLAN? The would answer whether or not to do a layer 3 switch or router on a stick. Layer 3 separation would do what you're after.

If you can't beat 'em, try, try again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back