Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Help!! Mas 90 won't release from memory after closed

Status
Not open for further replies.

scottcorn

IS-IT--Management
May 28, 2010
US
Hi,
I work on a system that has a windows 2003 domain controller that servers out MAS90. One of the workstations is a Core 2 Windows Xp SP3 machine and throughout the day MAS90 will not release pvxwin32.exe from memory after it is closed and by the end of the day there are a lot of copies running that have to terminated in the task manager. I have reinstalled windows, installed new memory; none of the other computers have this problems and this is the only program on this computer that has problems. It is driving me crazy. Any suggestions?

You might want to post on community.sagemas.com

Also MAS is not suppose to be on a domain controller.

Have you checked permissions from this machine to the directory above the Mas90 on the Server?

Hi VKZIMM,
I looked at the folder. The folder is mapped to the M: drive pointing to the Sage43 directory on the server. The users group has full control on this folder and all subfolders.

Interesting error. If this hasn't been resolved yet I would try the following:
1. Have the user try another computer for the day. If the problem follows the user than it may be a Windows user setup/rights issue.
2. Switch out the NIC and connect a different ethernet cable.
3. Watch the user and find out if it is something that they are doing.

Educate us all by posting the solution.

Good Luck.

I got a new network card and I am planning on putting it in tomorrow. Hopefully this will solve the problem. Also on the other computer that has MAS 90 this does not seem to happen.

mas90 4.4 question

im trying to import into transaction journal with
visual integrator, from a csv file
in the old mas 90 3.7 it had been working fine

now the logs show that everything "passed" but
i get a "hs record not selected dr00636" when i run the import job.

has anyone had this error?
thanks in advance.

After trying about every thing we finally found out the laser printer had a bad formatter card. After the printer started really messing up we removed it and the problem with pvxwin32.exe staying in memory stopped.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back