Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Help mapping Inbound 856 to a flat file using gentran

Status
Not open for further replies.

monzonc

Programmer
Jul 20, 2004
US
Hello all, Im new here and like the group.. I do hope that some of you can help me out here.

And of course I do hope to help some of you as well.. But let me start with what I need help with.

We are doing an inbound (Export) 856 map into a flat file. I am using Gentran 3.2 I able to get the header information into my flat file but I am having some kind of problems that I cant get my details into.. from the P, I HL loop. do any of you have any ideas on how I can get this going.

I use this External Rule in this field to get to be populated from the EDI side
IF $1000_HL[2].#0735 = "O" then #PONUM = $1000_HL[2].#0324;

So I though that maybe I could used the for the rest of my fields need it at the detail level but no luck so far.

Thanks in adnvance,

Carlos

It really depends on what your flat file looks like. I'm not using the same version as you are but I have had great success in setting up temporary segments on the inbound size ($$$ segments) and using rules to map the elements reqired and then using the standard mapping to the output side.

How much mapping have you done? Can you create temporary segments in your version? Can you just map our required fields and into a temporary flat file and manipulate that?

Ralph

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back