Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

HELP MAPPING AD & DRIVE SHARES

Status
Not open for further replies.

firecomp

IS-IT--Management
Jun 4, 2004
US
I need to redo my active directory and make sure I document it first along with my network share permisions.

I would like to document my groups and who the memembers are without doing it by hand. Also do the same thing with my shared network resorces

Does anyone know of any free software that will do this for me or way other than by hand.

Thanks!

LDAP.

Take a look around for LDAP query tools. It's pretty confusing for people who don't use it every day..

Good luck!

Yep! thats not for the faint of heart but i know someone out there had to write a program to this for us;) I'm just slamed and I dont have the time to make ldap do what i need.

A quick install-display-print is my goal:)

You can use ldifde which is on the Server 2000 CD somewhere. You can use this to export AD and even restore it (if all else fails and you got the export exactly right in the first place!)
It's a bit fiddly but look on the MS site and Google for the syntax.
You can certainly get it to export group memberships into an ldf file (which you can look at in Notepad).

Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back