Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Help make cgi script pause for 15 seconds

Status
Not open for further replies.

abcinc

Programmer
Sep 5, 2000
US
We have a cgi script that we need to pause for 15 seconds to let some external program finish. Please provide a nifty way to do it. I dont see any pause command.

Thank You [sig][/sig]

have you looked at the sleep command? [sig]<p>Mike<br><a href=mailto:michael.j.lacey@ntlworld.com>michael.j.lacey@ntlworld.com</a><br><a href= Cargill's Corporate Web Site</a><br>Making mistakes, so you don't have to. &lt;grin&gt;[/sig]

what is the syntax of the sleep command? I dont have my cgi book with me right now. Thank You for responding. [sig][/sig]

sleep(1);

The 1 makes the program to sleep for 1 second. [sig]<p>Mike<br><a href=mailto:michael.j.lacey@ntlworld.com>michael.j.lacey@ntlworld.com</a><br><a href= Cargill's Corporate Web Site</a><br>Making mistakes, so you don't have to. &lt;grin&gt;[/sig]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back