Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Help loading Homesite website

Status
Not open for further replies.

osp001

Technical User
Nov 19, 2003
US

Someone prepared a Homesite website for me, and then sent it by email. I uncompressed it, and now have no idea how to load it. He said there's a "bulk loader" feature, but all I can do is open one page at a time. With 300+ web pages, that isn't going to cut it.

Anyone know how I can open up the whole thing at once?

TIA!

I use Homesite and I'm not sure what you mean.
Do you want to open 300+ pages in Homesite so you have all the tabs along the bottom of the editing window - and open them all at once??

Is it a Macromedia Project file (extension of .apf or .apj)? This can be opened from the Project menu in Homesite.

D0nny

Well, I searched for .apf and .apj files, and couldn't find one.

What I'm looking for is how to load the website so that I can upload them all at once. I was told there was a way to open the project file, as you describe, but I can't find one- even tried a global search for those file types on my computer, and they're just not there.

So, lets start from the beginning...
What type of file did your friend send you? Was a ZIP file or something similar? If so, when you unzipped it, where did it put the files and what are their extensions?

I'm trying to understand what you mean when you say "Someone prepared a Homesite website for me, and then sent it by email". You mention it was compressed ('cos you uncompressed it), so where did you uncompress the files to and what types are they? (I suspect there might be a lot of files including HTML and graphic files).

D0nny

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back