Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Help Linking with Quickbooks Pro 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoxHead

Technical User
May 6, 2001
US
Any tips on linking with or importing from a Quickbooks Pro DB would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, John

Use what you have,
Learn what you can,
Create what you need.

I use Quickbooks Pro at work and tried for quite a while to figure out of to import/export to Excel with very limited success (I was amazed to learn that QB Pro has very limited Outlook syncronization capabilities, which is where a lot of users keep their client information, I would think). In any case, you can export information from QB Pro in Excel format and then import it into Access, but in terms of terms of linking databases, the way Access can link to other databases, it can't be done, unless someone's written some 3rd party software that I'm unaware of.

-Rich

Thanks, Rich. Not exactly what I wanted to hear, but it's good to know that before spending any more time on it. I appreciate your help.

John

Use what you have,
Learn what you can,
Create what you need.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back