Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Help Linking H.323 gateway to a IP 406 running 3.2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Asptech

Technical User
Feb 13, 2007
GB
Background
We are currently running a IP 406 2 with 90 pots extention provided by three pots 30's. The system has a VCM and 6 Avaya VOIP handset's in a seperate building connected by fibre. We were informed that there was a need for a FAX in the remote building and purchased a gateway device which we have used with other non avaya phone systems with no problem.

The issue
We setup the device in gateway mode, and you appear to be able to make one call and then the gateway gui shows a "Register GK Fail:no-resources" and no more calls can be made. I thought that gateway devices did not need licences? Or is this problem being caused by something else?

Any light that could be shown on this issue would certainly be apprecated.

kindest regards,
Stuart Pearson

If you want the device to register as an extension to the IPO you need the 3rd party h323 license but I haven't got that working properly.

I have it working (using AudioCodes) just configured as an IP Line and sending the calls over that.

But in that senario you wont get busy status on the extensions.

How do I go about configuring as an IP Line,

Sorry submited by accident, as I was saying how do I go about configuring as an IP line, will it still be able to recieve in and out bound faxes?

I don't know how it works on that box but on AudioCodes you just make an IP Line in the IPO that points to the box and shortcodes for tha faxnumbers that call out on that IP Line.

In the box you set that all calls should go to the IPO and what ports have what extensionnumbers.

The thing about fax is that you need a good connection since you don't get T.38 support unless you have a box on each end.

Hi

I don't suppose you have an example of the short code?

Stuart

You need to set the Outgoing group ID on your IP Line so it doesn't match any other trunks.

If the group ID is for example 10 and the extension is 500 the shortcode should be

Shortcode : 500
Feature: Dial
Telephone Number : 500
Outgoing Group ID : 10

Hi

Thanks for that however I have had got that far it is the inbound I am struggling with.

Your hopefully
Stuart

If you get the extension on the box to ring you should be able to call any extension from the IPO on the box as well as make external calls.

Or if it's a incoming call on your PRI/T1 line you can just route it to the shortcode from Incoming call route.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back