Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

HELP!! last day of redundancy mode. Fileserver recovery aloha 5.2

Status
Not open for further replies.

rhdyes

MIS
Jul 16, 2010
US
I have a windows xp alohaqs system. The terminals are 98 2nd ed and the server is windows xp. This system has been running for over 10 years. The user got a series of malware on the server and I have cleaned this up but I can't get the fileserver to recover. I have checked all the obvious things from the ok files to the pathing. It all seems to be fine. I have tried a refresh data to no avail. I have gone through many of the posts here and tried many things.
I have looked at the debout.txt file and found nothing. Any ideas. This is the last day of redundancy mode.

Make sure you can edit files on the network to and from the fileserver. If successful change the fileserver name in the downtime.ini on the terminals to Alohaboh (or network name of the fileserver if not Alohaboh). Reboot the terminals. If that does not work check the debout in tmp on the master terminal.

Solved the problem. When I looked atv then debout.txt file on the terminal there was a return 5 error.
1. Turned off firewall on server
2. Because the registry.pol file was affected by the virus, I went in and disabled the blank password for console only which allowed users to use a blank password to login.
3. Reset the user term1 to a blank password again

This fixed the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back