Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

HELP!! I've locked myself out.... 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

breakit1234

Technical User
Sep 15, 2002
US
well, lightning got my ethernet card, so i had to pull it out a put in a new one. i got everything working ok on this computer, but now i lost the internet connection on my other computer. so, i deleted the tcp/ip protocol, restarted it, and was going to create a new protocol. BUT, i didn't realize it was going to ask me to log back into windows. I FORGOT MY PASSWORD!!!!!!!! AND THE ADMIN!!!! what do i do to get back into my computer???? please help...i've got very important work that i have to have done by the end of this week. PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAASEEEEE!! :)

chris

Thanks for the quick reply!! But I still have a problem....how do I get to the DOS prompt in Windows 2000 to get the SAM file??? I can't use the startup disk, I still have to type the password. I tried using a Windows 98 startup disk, but it won't read the C: drive because it's in NTFS. Once again...HEEEEEEEEEEEELP!!!! How do I get the SAM file?

chris

Sweet, thanks for the input....I figured out how to get in to my drive, so i have my SAM file now and am running it through LC3...if that doesn't work...I'm going to the linux bootdisk. Thanks again people...you've been a REALLY BIG help!! bye

chris

AWSOME....the LC3 method was taking WAY too long...so I went with the Linux boot disk...worked like a charm in like 30 seconds. THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!! later

chris

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back