Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Help! incoming mail down after isp upgrades t1 10 to 20 meg

Status
Not open for further replies.

techseek

MIS
Nov 5, 2010
US
Hello
our isp has upgraded us from 10 meg to 20 meg (cisco 1700 to some adtran router)
supposedly they copied the config over to new router
outbound email is good but inbound is not working
does anyone have any idea what may be wrong?

thx

Does your external IP match up with your mx record? I guess I would check that first.

thx for replying
we had a 3 meg line which is now upgraded to a 20 meg line
they switched the router to an adtran router
our email goes thru postini and there have been no changes to mx record
outbound mail is fine
but postini cannot locate our mail server external address (it gets mapped to an internal address at the router)

My guess? Your ISP either changed your WAN IP address, or mangled the routing tables when they changed you over to the faster line.

It's also possible they messed up the config on the Adtran -- it's not a "copy" as you suggest, someone has to actually translate from Cisco to Adtran.

I'm with jpm121 on this one. Something in the translation between the two routers got messed up. Good posibility it's in the routing tables or your WAN IP changed.

thx to all for replying
we abandoned ship on it and reverted back
the isp was working on it remotely - I also think they messed up the config - probably needs to be redone the adtran way
we've requested a cisco router replacement to get the translationout of the equation
we'll try again soon
thx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back