Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

help in setting up auto download

Status
Not open for further replies.

andykg

IS-IT--Management
Jul 24, 2001
GB
For some reason I cant run the auto download manager and download the signature updates. I have filled it all in like CA suggest. It connects to the FTP site, logs in etc but then says
download directory C:\inoculan\GBBSdata
downloading the list of all lists
closing the connection
finished download process unsuccessfully

I have given everyone full control in gbbsdata.

please help

Does the update actually make it into your GetBBS directory??? If not, it sounds like a situation that I have once seen. When CA sends the update via FTP, the TCP/IP port is a random round robin type in the 2000 range that shifts for what ever reason. The fix must be done at your firewall if this is the case. I would download a sig update from ca.com and apply it manually. If it works, chances are the firewall has the range of ports blocked...MPM

I have the same Problem too.
But only with NT4, with W2k everything works fine!

Please answer if you have solved this problem with NT4.

thx

hi i never found the solution. In the end we junked CA for various reasons and are using sophos.

Thats my solution.

Good luck

How are you liking the sophos product. Does it offer the same advantages as CA Inoculate? Thanks,
Vince

In my opinion sophos is much better, for a start its easy to configure and push out to clients, they are bang up to date with the very latest viruses. Their updates are great because they use IDE files, a bit like DAT updates but they are very small so you can push them out easily. With all our customers who use sophos and antigen (thats the e-mail virus checker) none of them have viruses. Our other customers who use mcafee and inoculate are always getting hit.

Hi all,
The error message of "finished download process unsuccessfully" sounds familiar. I implemented InoculateIT 4.5 and now runs 6.0 advanced Edition. A possible cause to that error message could be that the "Siglist.txt" file located in "Inoculate_Install_path\Computer Associates\ScanEngine\Incoming" on the local machine may be empty and has no Virus Signature(s) to be downloaded from the remote host. Kind of sending a kid to grocery without list of what to pick. Sure the kid will get to store alright but will not know what you want him/her to do there. By design this file suppose to contain the listing of all InoculateIT/Inoculan Virus Signatures and Scan Engine configured for the local system. I have once ran into such sitiuation where the file has only one-line of text without the necessary listings.
Solution: copy a working version from any other system or just go to <ftp://ftpav.ca.com/pub/inoculan/scaneng> download a current version. Copy it to the &quot;Incoming&quot; directory (stated above). Your autoupdate should be good to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back