Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Help in displaying images in detail section side by side 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

eastwestk

Programmer
Jun 10, 2009
US
Hi Everyone,

I have to design a report to display the employee details in a "detail a" section such as employee id, employee name etc.,

Also I would like to display the image(which exist in a database table as a blob field) in a "detail b" section. An employee can have 0,1 or 2 images. If there is more than 1 image then I want to display it side by side in a "detail b" section.

Please advise. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thank You!

What problem are you encountering when you try to do that?

-LB

When I am placing the blob field in "Detail b" section, it's not displaying the images side by side(when an employee has more than 1 image) but instead it's displaying one after another.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

You could try formatting the higher order detail section to "format with multiple columns". Then go to the layout tab and adjust the column width and gap until three columns are created maybe using 2 inches width and .5 gap. Not sure how this works with whatever you are putting in detail_a. The fields would repeat for each image, so you could format the detail_a fields to "suppress if duplicated" maybe.

-LB

I have tried using 5 inches width and .5 gap and it created 2 columns and the images are displaying perfectly side by side but in "Detail a" section I have a field called "comments" which is holding a big paragraph of text and the text is getting truncated.

Please suggest how to fix this.

I'm not familiar with that problem. You could try breaking the comments into two sections by using two SQL expressions:

{fn substring(`table`.`comments`,1,256)}

Or:

substr(`table`.`comments`,1,256)

For the second part:

{fn substring(`table`.`comments`,257,256)}

etc. Then drop them into a text box.

-LB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back