Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Help in buying phone system

Status
Not open for further replies.

gtgren

MIS
Jan 31, 2003
US
Hello
I need some help on picking the right Telephone system for a new office. I have a computer background and have no knowledge of telephone systems. Can someone please tell me what is good company to review, what are great products, costs, etc?

Here is the current office situation:
Employees: 1 to 4
Office Size: 2000 square feet
Office Networking(I do not if this matters or not): Will use a Windows 2000 networking with Wireless connections.

I have just begun to do research on the different telephone technology. Based on my research it seems that I should use :

*Key Systems versus PBX,
*Get a digital system because they tend to be better equipped to connect with accessories such as voice mail or caller ID.
*IP telephone technology is getting better and a good choice.

The main company that I have seen is Avaya.

Like I said I have no knowledge about telephone systems, so any input would be greatly appreciated. I may have missed the target above and not taken in account many things. So experts talk to me! Thanks :)

NORSTAR CICS WITH A CALLPILOT 100!
You will find that its the most exspensive, but the old saying goes "you get what you pay for!

The very best is Ericsson MD 110 but expensive
I'm Admin of this PBX 12 year and I'have any problem

rfpui,
I'm sure an MD 110 would be the perfect solution for an office with 4 people in it...

Richard

The unexamined life is not worth living; Socrates

I’m sorry but I thing that you don’t now MD 110
I have ca. 2200 extensions (telephones) and 3500 peoples

rfpui,
Dude, I may not know much about an Ericson PBX, but I understand English. The topic is about a fella who needs to service a small office of 1 to 4 people. With all due respect, pay attention.

The unexamined life is not worth living; Socrates

To: gtgren, it's been nearly four months...did you get a telephone system yet? Just wondering.

DueE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back