Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Help in ACD configuration (urgent)!!!!! 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

diembi

Programmer
Sep 22, 2001
ES
Hello,
I need urgent help with huntgroup configuration. In my PBX environment there are VDNs and skills. The agents are asigned in VDNs. I need an agent can log in one, two, all of their skills (multicontrol for login/logout): i was logged in group A, now i'm logged in group B, after i loggout of group A and log in to C, etc, etc.

I need the steps for configure hunt groups for this need.

Thanks for all.

Dani.

Whoa, first, take a deep breath...

Now for your problem: in an Expert Agent system (EAS), agents aren't assigned to VDN's or skills, but skills are assigned to agents. It's important to remember that.

There are several ways to accomplish what you want, but you might also want to rethink your scenario (sounds familiair, there's a company that has a campaign with rethink in it, what was the name again..?..) :) Anyway:

Option 1: (wich uses EAS, instead of manual intervention)

Assign all skills to all agents (as far as appropiate), but each agent has different priorities for each skill. So every agent has one or two "main" skills (with high priority or level), but can also answer calls to other skills (for wich he/she has lower priority/level), if there's no agent available with that skill on a high priority/level.
So normally, all calls are answered by an expert on the subject the call is about, and only if all experts are busy/unavailable, calls go to an agent that is less of an expert (but still capable of helping the customer).

For example:
Agent 1 - skill 1 / level 1, skill 2 / level 5
Agent 2 - skill 1 / level 5, skill 2 / level 1

Calls to skill (VDN) 1 will go to Agent 1 at first, and if he's busy to Agent 2. Same (but the other way around) for skill 2, you get the idea... this requires no additional intervention, if you prepare & implement it well.

Option 2 (and 3 and..):

There are ways to change skill assignments "on the fly", either by using feature-access codes (look for add/remove skill in the manual), or with (if you have CMS) CMS Supervisor. Another alternative is programming several agent-loginid's per agent, but it's very inefficient, and also it requires action by the agent, wich in my experience is often a problem..

I would go for option 1, wich makes use of the functionality offered by EAS, first read some manuals about expert-agent, and off course, if you need help, there's always tek-tips!!

Cheers,
Nico

The former message assumes you have EAS, but because you where talking about skills (not splits), you probably have. If you're not sure let me know.

Nico

Woody have you ever thought of becoming a 911 operater? I have never seen EAS made so clear.(in a shot period of time)
Thanks for the help on Altenders queue issue. Give that bird a star. Wisdom is Knowledge
that is Shared

Thanks All Phoneman2

Thanks nknook,
I am not a PBX administrator. I am a CTI (TSAPI) programmer. My CTI needs that agents log in hunt groups individually. Example:
agent 1 can receive calls from group 1001, 1002, 1003
The agent can log in and log out indidually:
Time: Logged in:
9:00 AM 1001
10:00 AM 1001, 1003
12:30 PM 1002, 1003
I need multi control of login.
The administrator of PBX don't solve my need, and i need help because my test of my CTI dependes of that configuration.
Please can you give the steps for configure that?. TSAPI only invoke functions and i'm a programmer.

Thanks a lot :).

Dani.

OK, so you need to do something like "add & remove skills" through TSAPI. I'm no expert on this matter, but can provide a manual (from the Avaya CentreVu package), that describes all functions. If there's no standard TSAPI function that does what you want, maybe you can let your application "dial" the feature-access code to fake it. Your PBX admin should be able to tell you how this works and what the feature-code is.

If you leave your email address, I will email the document.

Cheers,
Nico

Thanks nknook,
There isn't any function to remove skills. The only method is cstasetagentstate. That function is good. The problem is the configuration of PBX, because when agent "1" log in one huntgroup automatically is logged into all of his huntgroups (1001, 1002 and 1003). I need the configuration in PBX for admit individual loggin.

Thanks again.

Dani

That's pretty sh*tty..

Do you have a way to "dial" through CTI? Then you could just dial the feature-code for add/remove skill, with some additional digits (wich represent the skill & level etc), not the most beautiful way to do it, but it might work.

But what do you want to accomplish with all this, maybe there's another way to do it (wich does not involve adding & removing skills)?

Cheers,
Nico
(Help, anyone?)

Ok Nico,
cstasetagentstate only accept ACD split. Is possible than the agent was in EAS mode and for this log in all of his ACDs??

If that is possible, how can i change EAS to non-EAS??

Thanks.

I don't think I understand this sentence:
"Is possible than the agent was in EAS mode and for this log in all of his ACDs??"

The reason cstasetagentstate doesn't take a split is because when an EAS agent logs in, he/she logs in for all skills assigned to him/her, so no need to enter a split (because then we wouldn't be having this conversation). Have you tried just leaving it out?

It's not possible on an EAS system (ie a Definity that has EAS enabled) to have a non-EAS vector/cti controlled huntgroup. You would have to disable EAS for all skills, wich is probably not what you want.

But again, what is it you want to do exactly, because I can't believe there isn't a way to achieve it.

Cheers,
Nico

My TSAPI application is developed an running. The problem is the log in act. When one agent log in ACD 1001 ( nInvoke = cstaSetAgentState (m_CinfTSAPIid, 1,DeviceID_t *) ( LPCTSTR ) m_sID, (AgentMode_t) AM_LOG_IN, (AgentID_t *) ( LPCTSTR ) sAgente, AgentGroup_t *) sGroupACD, (AgentPassword_t *) "", (PrivateData_t *) NULL ); ) the agent is logged automatically to all of his groups. That's no problem of TSAPI (i'm sure). In the documentation cstaSetAgentState, parameter sGroupACD is the split where the agent logs in. I hear that a EAS agent is logged automatically to all groups and non-EAS agent is logged individual.

I am looking for the steps to configure an agent for non-EAS.
I am not a PBX administrator: i only want help to the administrator for individual log.

Thanks for your help and your patient.
Dani.

It is not the agent that is configured for EAS but the switch. Skill groups (EAS) and splits (non-EAS) cannot exist on the same switch. [see manual 555-230-521]. The controlling parameter is on the Feature-Related System Parameters form: Expert Agent Selection (EAS) Enabled? (y or n).

we are concidering going to EAS and I have no idea about what to expect but in reading your response it defineately help me to understand more about EAS.
Thanks
lftpwr

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back