Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Help importing XML

Status
Not open for further replies.

RobbieBlackwell

Programmer
Jun 18, 2003
US
I'm having trouble importing xml and actually being able to see anything. I imported a file with one product record and various elements within the product. I created 3 frames, and then I dragged 1 tag to each frame, title, description, and price.

Nothing is displaying. I have tried using text boxes instead of frames and nothing displays.

When I drop a tag on a frame, the structure pane shows the Empty Element icon. If I drop a tag on a text field the Story Element icon displays.

However these icons only appear under the product record and not grouped in it.

If someone can help me figure this out I'd appreciate it. I've been creating our small 4 page flyers in Illustrator by manually typing and placing product info and now that we have a data source I would like to take advantage of that.

Eventually I will be working with a source fill that has about 2k products but for testing sake, I'm using a single product.

Also after importing xml the structure pane shows the element name rather then a product name or part number etc. ie. everysingle item in the database is on the left pane as "Product" where I can then click the triangle to expand and get more info. How do people work like this? it would be so hard to find products through that and I might as well go back to coyp/pasting product info.

It could be useful to see the xml file (or just a part of it, a single item or so) you are using.

guillermo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back