Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Help. I'm in the middle of a 5.5 migration!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kooma

MIS
Apr 7, 2002
Not too sure if this should be posted in the 5.5 forum, but thought this group was best.

Senerario:
5.5 sitting on NT 4.0 (BDC)

Upgraded my PDC to W2K.

Have ADC connector running.

Still in Mixed Mode (Windows 2000)

Problem:
I create a new user in AD and create the Mailbox. The mailbox appears in the 5.5 administrator.

I can sign on to the domain with the new user but when I try to configure Outlook 2000 to the Exchange 5.5. server it prompts for the username credentials. I put in the new user info and it fails. "Check your username/password and domain setting... blah.. blah..."

Any ideas or suggestios????

no you don't.

Suggest going to cmd prompt and checking name servers - sounds like either netbios, dns or synchronisation issue. Start with the first two.

Kooma.

I would agree with Zelandakh. Name resolution would appear to be the problem, we had the same issues as you are having, and dns was the problem.

No, not name resolution. had this problem. When you installed AD it started using port 389 for its LDAP. You need to change Ex5.5 LDAP port to something other then 389 (I used 390). Then change it in you ADC's. After that it should start working.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back