Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Help, IIS only accessible from LAN not Internet 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

cobaltikus

Technical User
Apr 15, 2004
US
My specs:
Westell ADSL modem (Verizon)
Microsoft Base Station MN-100 (router/firewall)
Windows XP Pro

I have the base station TCP and UDP ports 3389, 80, & 52 forwarded to the PC I am trying to connect to remotely (192.168.2.5). I could not find individual settings for incoming and outgoing ports so I assume it maps both simultaneously. I installed IIS and RDWC from the installation CD. I can connect via RDC and RDWC and can view my localhost web page from anywhere on my home network but only RDC will work from outside. I've tried disabling the firewall. I've tried enabling the DMZ for the host. Every time I try to connect to the host from somewhere other than my home network by going to I get "Page cannot be displayed." I've also tried adding :80 after the external IP address, removing "tsweb/," and also adding "default.htm" and "default.asp." My html page is in C:\...\ folder. When I go to from home it works fine. I have read SOOO many forums and tutorials and browsed excessively with no luck.

1. Did I map the correct ports?
2. Why is my website not accessible over the internet?
3. What steps am I leaving out?

TIA,
Cobaltikus

I forgot to mention that I have succesfully pingged my ip and also tried restarting the web page and restarting IIS.

Still no change.

Help please,
TIA,
Cobaltikus

Are you sure your ISP doesn't block incoming port 80 requests?

No I am not sure if Verizon blocks incoming port 80 requests.

Do you know how I could find out?

--Cobaltikus--

If Verizon blocks incoming port 80 requests, would changing the port to something like 5080 fix it all? I will try that and see what happens but I will have to wait till I get home tonight to try.

Let me know what your thoughts are.

--Coabltikus--

That was it!!!
WOO HOO!

At least I think it was. I changed the port in IIS, mapped the new port on my base station and vwah lah!

I love this forum!

--Cobaltikus--

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back