Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

HELP!!!!! - IBM TS3200 loses configuration and functions as TS3100

Status
Not open for further replies.

SrCairo

Technical User
Feb 25, 2005
AR
Please I need help!!!

I have a library IBM TS3200 I should restore default settings for reasons of sale, wanted to give it to clean our client.

... But when you run the process "RESTORE ALL" assuming that would clean all the above and would load the factory settings if you did well I initialize the library as a "TS3100" !!!!!!!

And update the firmware to the latest available and returned to execute RESTORE ALL but not change anything, still assuming a TS3100 and only works with the lower magazines, upper ignores completely ...

Try installing drives in bays 1 and 3 but nothing changes.

I'm going crazy !!!!, any help will be very grateful !!!.

Hi Sr. Cairo:
Please, could you inform me where are you?, I´m ask you because if you can write in spanish is more easy for me..(sorry please...).
I think neccesary re-install the library, but..., the op panel of library shows the same?
Well, I´ll waiting you commnents.
Thanks,

R1957, te cuento que ya pude resolver la situacion, el problema se produjo ya que esta libreria habia sido reparada en el conjunto de picker y se reemplazo por un picker de TS3100, si bien al tener la configuracion ya establecida funcionaba normalmente cuando corri el proceso de restaurar al default el sistema detecto que el picker pertenecia a una 3100 y procedio en consecuencia..., esto es categorico ya que reemplazamos el conjunto de picker por el de una 3200 y al correr el restore all configuro la libreria perfectamente como una 3200.

Quedo en evidencia que en el conjunto del picker hay informacion vinculante con el modelo de libreria.

Saludos Cordiales desde Argentina

Hola Sr. Cairo!!!, bueno, somos vecinos parece...Y me pone muy contento que hayan encontrado la causa del problema.
Muchas veces no podemos contar con toda la informacion necesaria ante un problema, (muchas veces me ha pasado, que, incluso ante mi pregunta los clientes sol ose limitan a enunciar el problema...y no lo que se ha hecho antes, o a partir de que empezo a fallar..).

Bueno, nois seguimso contactando por aqui.

Muchas gracias!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back