Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Help, I have a Dell computer tha 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

spool

Technical User
Jan 20, 2003
US
Help,

I have a Dell computer that had the case cover removed and put back on. Now when I shut down the computer and start it back up I get a message saying that the cover has been removed is there something in setup that has to be reset?

I've seen this with other Dell computers.

spool

Case intrusion detection, it tells you when the case has been opened.

Has to be reset once you set it off.

Kimber

The more I learn,I realize how much more there is to know!

Can you tell me how to reset so this message won't pop again.

Thanks,

spool

Chassis Intrusion Detection
The chassis intrusion monitor can detect whether the computer is opened. The Chassis Intrusion option in system setup displays the status of the monitor.

Enter system setup.

Press the down-arrow key to move to the System Security option.

Press <Enter> to access the System Security option's pop-up menu.

Press the down-arrow key to move to the Chassis Intrusion option.

Press the spacebar to select an option setting.

Option settings:

Enabled — When the computer cover is opened, a DMI event is generated, the setting changes to Detected, and the following message appears at the next system start-up:

Alert! Cover was previously removed.

To reset the Detected setting, enter system setup. In the Chassis Intrusion option, press the left- or right-arrow key to select Reset, and then choose Enabled, Enabled-Silent, or Disabled.

Enabled-Silent (the default) — When the computer cover is opened, a DMI event is generated and the setting changes to Detected, but the alert message does not appear at the next system start-up.

Disabled — No intrusion monitoring occurs and no messages appear.

Thanks euclid. That message was really bothering me.

spool

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back